Along with partner Robert Houston, attorney Kerry Thompson has also been practicing law in Scott County, Indiana for more than 40 years. Kerry is a native of Scott County, and his practice includes real estate law and closings, municipal finance, estate planning, probate, business transactions, civil litigation, personal injury, criminal defense and civil mediation.
Kerry has also served for more than 40 years as counsel to the city of Scottsburg.
- J.D., Indiana University School of Law – Indianapolis, magna cum laude (1975)
- B.S., Indiana University (1971)
- Indiana (all state courts)
- Kentucky (all state courts)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- Attorney, City of Scottsburg, Indiana (1976 – present)
- Prosecuting Attorney, Scott County, Indiana (1979-82)
- Director, Indiana Municipal Lawyers Association (1990-97) (President, 1995-96)
- Disciplinary Commission of the Supreme Court of Indiana (1991-2001) (Chairman, 1999-2001)
- Member, Scott County Bar Association
- Member, Indiana Bar Association (Counsel to President, 2003-04)
- Member, Kentucky Bar Association